y = 2(x+2)^2-7
The vertex form of the given function is
Step-by-step explanation: We are given to express the following function in vertex form.
We know that the vertex form of a quadratic function is given by
where (h, k) is the vertex.
From equation (i), we have
Thus, the vertex form of the given function is
- Use the form a x ^2 + b x + c , to find the values of a , b , and c .
a = 2 ,b = − 8 , c = 1
- Consider the vertex form of a parabola.
a ( x + d ) ^2 + e
- Find the value of d using the formula d = b /2a .
- Find the value of e using the formula e =c − b ^2 4 a .
e = − 7
- Substitute the values of a , d , and e into the vertex form a ( x + d ) 2 + e .
2 ( x − 2 ) ^2 − 7
Convert to vortex form of parabola a(x+d)^2+e
Find the value of d:
solve for e:
e= 1-(64/8) or
e= -7 2(x-2)^2-7
Then balance both sides of the equation y=2(xâ’2)^2â’7
this is because the four is four hours and the n represents the 1 extra hour over the weekend.
b= i'm srry i don't know that one.
4+n=5 n=1 because if vernon plays 5 hours a week then 4+1=5 hours.
hope this : )