A is the correct answer
The Boer war was the war between the British Empire and the Boers of Transvaal and the Orange free state. The Boers were the descendants of the original Dutch settlers of Southern Africa. The British took control of the dutch cape colony in 1806 during the Napoleonic wars. In 1833 the boars founded the republics of Transvaal and the orange free state.
The full-scale war between the British and the Boer began in 1900. When the British annexed their territories. The Boers took to guerrilla fighting, they were destroyed by the British. By 1902 the British had crushed the Boer resistance and a treaty was signed on 31st May of the same year. The treaty recognized the British military administration over Transvaal and The orange free states and later the Union of British south Africa was founded.
Britain is correct. In the 2nd Boer War (1899), the British control of this region was settled.
south african war, also called boer war, second boer war, or anglo-boer war; to afrikaners, also called second war of independence, war fought from october 11, 1899, to may 31, 1902, between great britain and the two boer (afrikaner) republics—the south african republic (transvaal) and the orange free state
1. B) the Third Estate - basically made up the middle class
2. A) anarchism - Anarchism is the idea that government is unnecessary and harmful; and that people should pursue their individual liberties
3. A) "met his waterloo" - This means to finally meet one's ultimate demise. This term was inspired from the Battle of Waterloo to describe how Napoleon was finally defeated by the Duke of Wellington.
4. D) religious and cultural conflicts between Indian soldiers and their British commanders
5. B) Imperialism - The Zulu War happened because the British wanted control over Africa. In the Sepoy Rebellion, Indians rebelled against British rule and the Boxer Rebellion was essentially China rebelling against Westernization.
6. A) Britain - (if you know anything about apartheid, you know this is right)
7. C) Franco-Prussian War - The complete Prussian and German victory brought about the unification of Germany, marking the downfall of Napoleon III and the end of the Second French Empire (replaced by the French Third Republic)
8. A) Third Estate - Largest of the Three Estates, made up of Bourgeoisie, Peasants, and Urban Workers. Had the least money and power but paid the virtually all of the taxes
9. B) a photograph of a factory in the 19th century - This one makes the most sense to me, b/c it would showcase the terrible working conditions during the Industrial Revolution.
10. C) steam engine - required the burning of coal to produce steam
11. C) Haiti - this slave revolt was called the Haitian Revolution
12. A) Haiti's was a violent slave revolt - trust me, it was nasty
13. C) a person traveling on a train - b/c James Watt invented the steam engine, a technological achievement that was used in transportation including trains
14. B) France
15. B) his ultra-radical views led to the execution of thousands of French citizens - he took harsh measures against those suspected of being enemies of the Revolution (nobles, priests, hoarders) and a wave of executions followed (P.S. you should play Guillotine, it's a card game. you get to play executioner and it's totally awesome)
16. D) The Spanish American War
17. D) access to productive resources.
18. A) agriculture - Jethro Tull designed plowing and seeding contraptions that revolutionized the agricultural business
19. B) Japan needed additional sources for raw materials to fuel industrialization
number one is the monarchy
the main reason the us senate rejected the treaty of versailles was because "european nations wanted to punish germany"
me and mark as brainliest.
answer: the time zones used to be whatever the local authority wanted them to be. one town might have 6am whenever the sun came up and another town had 6am 10 minutes later.
the trains had a hard time when their orders said to be at a certain point at 6am.
6am, but who's 6am.
the railroads got together and set the time zones more or less along the longitude lines across the country.