The correct answer is c = LiCl
Hello! Let's solve this!
First let's analyze what each compound is.
Li3Al is the lyoncita molybdate.
ClO2- is an anion.
LiCl is lithium chloride. It is a stable compound.
CaN is not a compound.
After the analysis we can conclude that the correct answer is c = LiCl
4) Al x 1 and I x 3 or Al I3
Hope this helps! <3
2. Iodine is a halogen, so it has a charge of -1. Calcium is an alkaline earth metal in Group 2, so it has a charge of 2+. Therefore, if they were to form a formula unit, the resultant would be CaI2 (2 iodine atoms of 1- charge are needed to balance out the 2+ charge on the calcium atom).
3. Strontium is an alkaline earth metal with a charge of 2+, while phosphorus has a charge of 3-. Therefore, to balance the charges out, we would need 3 atoms of strontium and 2 atoms of phosphorus. This would give the formula unit of Sr3P2.
1) They are highly reactive.
2) They are highly reactive and are non metallic.
5) How electrons are shared
6) Each hydrogen electron has one valence electron
7) share two valence electrons
8) 85.0 g/mol
1) As both the kind of elements are ready to give or taken one electron, to attain noble gas configuration or full filled stability, they are highly reactive.
The element which has just one electron in valence shell will give the electron easily.
The element which has seven valence electrons will accept one electron easily.
2) Halogen have seven valence electrons. They are highly reactive as the are ready to take one electron. As they cannot give electrons they are non metals.
3) Generally oxygen can accept two electrons so its charge is "-2"
4) Formula unit is generally for ionic compound. LiCl is an ionic compound.
5) In lewis structure we write elements are then distribute electrons over all the atoms. It shows the number of bonded electrons, unshared or lone electrons as well.
6) The configuration of hydrogen is 1s1, thus it has only one valence electron/ atom.
7) In each covalent bond there are two shared electrons (shared by two atoms bonded).
8) molar mass = atomic mass of Na + Atomic mass of N + 3 X atomic mass of O
Molar mass = 23 + 14 + 3(16) = 85.0 g/mol
1) Which of
the following is a possible formula unit? PbO - Li2B - Al2Pb3
The correct answer is PbO which is Lead(II) oxide – also known as Lead Monoxide – which is an inorganic compound. It is an Amphoteric oxide which can be found, in modern use, in industrial glass, ceramics, or computer components, due to its crystal structure.
2) What is
the formula of a compound formed between iodine (I) and calcium (Ca)?
Calcium will always give two electrons. but iodine can receive only one. Therefore two atoms of iodine react with one atom of calcium to give CaI2. Their bond is an ionic bond.
Ca 2+ + 2I 1- --> CaI2
3) What is
the resulting formula unit when strontium (Sr) and phosphorus (P) bond?
Strontium (Sr) wants to lose two (2) electrons, and phosphorus (P) wants to gain three (3). By using the criss-cross method, if you flip the 2 and 3 to the opposite elements, you will end up with the formula Sr3P2.
Explanation:The formula unit of a stable chemical compound should maintain that the overall charge of the compound is zero (not charged).The formula unit of a compound is represented by the lowest ratio numbers of the ions forming the compound.
Choice a: is the right answer PbOThat lead is divalent cation Pb²⁺ and O is considered as a divalent anion O²⁻.So, the formula unit contains Pb:O with a ratio of 1:1 (PbO)
Choice b: is a wrong choice Li₂BThe lithium cation is a monovalent cation Li¹⁺ and boron is a trivalent cation B³⁺, so we can not do that.
Choice c: is a wrong choice Al₂Pb₃that Al is a trivalent cation Al³⁺ and Pb is a divalent cation Pb²⁺, so we can not do this for the two cations.
Choice d: is a wrong choice ClOthat Cl may act as Cl¹⁺ and O acts as O²⁻, so the right formula unit should be Cl₂O.
Answer 1) Option D)
Explanation : The valency of Lithium is 1, which means lithium can lose one electron from its outermost valence shell and gain a positive charge on itself. It is combined with two moles of sulfur which is over satisfying the valency of lithium and is not abiding the rule of forming a molecular orbital.
Hence, is the answer for not being the correct ionic formula.
Answer 3) Option 4) AlN
Explanation : When aluminum is combining with nitrogen, aluminum has 3 valence electrons in its outermost shell. When nitrogen needs 3 electrons to form a stable bond with aluminum they share their electrons and achieve a stable state compound which is AlN. These 3 moles of Al needs 3 moles of N so, the chemical formula becomes AlN.
Explanation : The formula of a compound formed between iodine (I) and aluminum (Al)will be . Here, one mole of Al is combined with 3 moles of Iodine as iodine has the valency as 1 and Aluminum has 3 as its valency. So, it would require 3 moles of iodine to combine with one mole of Al and form a stable compound.
Answer 5) Option C)
Explanation : It is seen that all Group 16 elements which are nonmetals gain two electrons to form an ion with a charge. So, when oxygen forms oxide ion the charge of the ion is . As, the atom of oxide ion gains two electrons to form complete octet.
Answer 6) Option C) LiCl.
Explanation : A formula unit in chemistry is defined as the empirical formula of any ionic or covalent network solid compound which is used as an independent entity for stoichiometric calculations. It is assumed to be the lowest whole number ratio of ions represented in an ionic compound. Lithium has one electron excess and Chlorine needs one electron attain the octet state. So, Li gives an electron to Cl and forms a compound LiCl.
Answer 7) Option B) 3,1
Explanation :The complete formula unit is . Lithium has one valence electron in its outermost valence shell and Nitrogen needs 3 electrons to be an octet. So, 3 moles of Lithium are needed to combine with one mole of Nitrogen and form which can be also written as .
Explanation : The formula unit when magnesium (Mg) and Nitrogen (N) bond is formed it will be . As magnesium has the valency as 2 and nitrogen has 3 as its valency. Nitrogen is converted into nitride. As 3 moles of Mg will have 6 electrons in all and 2 moles of nitrogen will have 6 electrons. So, the formula unit will be .
Answer 9) Option B) N
Explanation : Amongst the given choices only nitrogen will need 3 electrons to fill its valence energy shell and attain octet state. As the atomic number of nitrogen is 7, the electron distribution will be so, it is easy or nitrogen to gain 3 electrons and fulfill the valence shell and be an octet state.
Answer is: PbO.
Formula unit is the representative particle of an ionic compound. It is lowest whole number ratio of ions in an ionic compound, for lead(II) oxide that is PbO.
Lead(II) is oxide with ionic bonds. Lead(II) contains one lead cations (charge of ion is 2+) and one oxygen aniona (charge for ion is 2-).
Other examples do not have ionic bonds.
Ionic bond is the electrostatic attraction between oppositely charged ions (cations and anions).
i think the answer is c hope i'm right
1.43 x 10^-11 j the guy commented the awnser just making sure u see it .