1. chemical bonds in water are bent because the shared electrons are more attached to
2. water is a
molecule because of the uneven bending of the molecule,
3. water molecules are able to stick to each other and other molecules of bonds
4. when water sticks to a cup as part of a science experiment, the attractive property is a/an
5. aquatic life is able to live in water because water has alan
6. explain how a water strider can float on the surface of water without sinking,
7. why is water considered the universal solvent?
Technically, you need cohesion(water sticking to itself through attraction of hydrogen bonds) to get adhesion(water sticking to other surfaces through attraction of hydrogen bonds). They are rather intertwined. But for this basic answer, it is adhesion.
Water molecules form hydrogen bonds with other water molecules. This causes the water to stick together and gives it cohesion. The water strider floats because the weight of the insect is less than the strength of the hydrogen bonds in the water.
Water is a solvent to the majority of substances, meaning most things will dissolve in water. Water is a polar substance and will dissolve other polar substances.
Explanation: penn foster
1. the chemical bonds are more attracted to the oxygen molecules because while the oxygen already have enough electrons, the oxygens still want more resulting in a bent shape.
3. hydrogen bonds are formed
6. water molecules bond from hydrogen bonds, and this causes the water to stick together forming cohesion. the water strider floats because the weight of the insect is less then the strength of the hydrogen bonds.
7. water is the universal solvent because it is a polar substance and most things will dissolve in it. usually fats will not dissolve in water ex. oil will no mix with water