Which answer choice most appropriately fits in the blank? cause: erosion and weathering break down rocks into smaller pieces. effect:
a. then, the waves hit rocky cliffs and break the rocks apart.
b. then, the small rock pieces build up and create new rock.
c. then, the rocks and pebbles carried by the organisms to carve out canyons and gorges.
d. then, the wind, sand, and pebbles beat against the rocks and the rocks break
i think thats more wisly
18. not sure
19. movement of rock from one place to another
23. ease of traffic movement
24. absolute dating
26. increased farm land producing food for people
Thus the correct answer is:
Settling of rock pieces in new locations
3. Deposition of sediment carried by a river as the flow leaves it's mouth and enters slower-moving or stagnant water leads to formation of deltas. This occurs normally when the river enters the ocean, sea, lake, estuary.
5. The fall of a ball and the attraction of the nail towards a magnet are both as a result of forces which cannot be seen, these forces are known as non-contact forces. Thus the correct answer is:
They both experience non-contact forces.
6. Changes in motion are caused as result of unbalanced forces. This is because, the object will be forced to move in the direction of the resultant forces of the forces that act on it. Thus the correct answer is:
8. When we hold a hot mug, the hit moves from the mug to the hand through conduction. This is because it conduction, the heat moves through the abject from hot to cold. Thus the answer is:
Conduction, because heat travels from hot to cold
9. The Sphere of Earth that includes the continents and the ocean is called the biosphere. It is composed of the regions of the surface and atmosphere of the earth occupied by living organisms.
10. Given the objects of the same mass in a room. The greatest gravitational force will be exerted by one object on another when the objects are closer to each other, Thus the correct answer is:
11. The stored energy of an object is normally reffered to as the potential energy. It is normally possessed by a given body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself. Thus the correct answer is:
12. Biosphere normally caters for the ecosystem while Cyrosphere normally caters for the frozen water. Thus the interaction between these two is seen in:
Some marine animals live on the edge of sea ice.
13. Convection is the heat transfer that is normally seen attributed to bulk movement of molecules within fluids such as gases and liquids. Thus the method of heat transfer that takes place when particles of mater move from one place to another in a liquid is known as:
14. The interaction that between geosphere and atmosphere is :
wind which is formed from the atmosphere blows sand which is in the geosphere. Thus the correct answer is:
Wind blows away sand.
15. Given that a lighthouse was 1,000 meters inland on a coast when it was built. After 100 years it was 10 meters inland. What most likely changed relative position of the lighthouse is:
Erosion of the beach by the ocean.
This led to the reduction in the size of the beach.
16. Dissolution of limestone bedrock usually leads to the formation of underground tunnels and caverns. This is because it is characterized by underground drainage systems with sinkholes and caves.
17. The forces that results when one object touches another object is contact force. Contact force is any force that requires contact to occur.
19. The forces that always exists between any two objects having mass is:
Objects with mass exert forces on each other via the fore of gravity.
20. The process that transfers heat from the ground to the air touching it is called.
21. Given the ideal system energy transmission that takes place when Jim compresses a string is:
Potential energy to kinetic energy, and total energy is conserved
Question 1: The object will move Down, this is because the greatest force is acting downwards. This energy will over come the rest of the energy since they are smaller.
When the speed of an object remains the same, that is, it doesn't decrease or increase, we say that the object is moving at constant speed. Comparing the movements of object A and object B. Object A is moving at a constant speed. Hence the answer is:
Object A: because it travels equal distances in equal intervals of time.
In process P the liquid is being converted to Gas. This involves heating.
In process Q the liquid is being converted to solid. This requires cooling.
Hence the answer is:
P represents heating and Q represents cooling.
The correct answer is:
Object A is moving at variable speed but Object B is moving at constant speed.
- The heat of the sun could break down the rock.
- Tall, powerful waves could carry the rock into the ocean.
- The rock could react to seawater, break down, and be carried away by the sea.
Erosion is a natural phenomena in which the top surface of the soil or the rock is displaced or carried away to different location. It disturbs the fertility of the soil. The physical agents responsible for erosion are water, wind, heat and others.
The three ways the small rock that lies on a slope near a tropical sea could be eroded are:
The heat of the sun could break down the rock: The sunlight incident on the rock can weak the external structure of the rock and the loosen particles are displaced by either wind and water.
Tall, powerful waves could carry the rock into the ocean: The waves can displaced the rocks away from actual place causing erosion.
The rock could react to seawater, break down, and be carried away by the sea: The sea water can bring chemical change in the rock structure and will enhance it's weathering.
Given that =0.20kg, radius of the bowl, and that the mass slides from point A to B.
-Since the normal force is perpendicular to the displacement at every point of the motion,then work done by the normal force is zero.
c. Normal Force-not constant
Frictional Force-not constant
#The mass of the rock m=0.20, the radius of the bowl , R=0.46m and the work done by friction between point A and B has a magnitude
=>The work total is expressed as:
Work done by gravitational force is given as:
And the kinetic energy is given by:
a. The normal force is perpendicular to the displacement at time t of the motion, hence work done by the normal force is zero
ii. The potential energy is zero at point B, so we have:
b. The speed of the rock as it reaches B can be calculated as:
The initial speed of the rock, , and .
#Since friction is acting opposite to the displacement, frictional work is -ve:
#Substitute in eqtn 1:
c. A total of 3 forces are acting on the rock as it slides.
-Normal Force is dependent on the angle between the gravitational force and displacement. Gravitational force has a fixed direction while the direction of displacement changes along its path , hence, the normal is not constant.
-Frictional force is given by and is not constant.
-Gravitational Force, is constant since and the rock's mass are constants.
d. The rock's acceleration at point B is given as;
=>Apply Newton's second law;
We substitute the values in the equation;
Both would go 15N. Hoped I helped!
i have a pic that comes with this if it doesn't work im sorry
explanation:3-the sunlight incident on the rock can weak the external structure of the rock and loosen particles
4-the waves can displaced the rocks away from the actual place causing erosion
5-the sea water can bring chemical change j. the rock structure and will enhance his weathering
hope this helped!
the correct answer should be false
would be most reasonable answer tbh