Many aspects of the angiosperm life cycle make flowering plants particularly well-suited to life on land. in fact, angiosperms are the most diverse and widespread of all plants. which six of the following statements reflect angiosperm adaptations to life on land? in angiosperms, a gametophyte protects a dependent sporophyte from desiccation. flowers attract animal pollinators carrying pollen from other plants of the same species. fruits aid in the dispersal of seeds by wind or by animals that carry or eat the fruits. in many angiosperms, the male gametophyte contained in a pollen grain can be transported many miles away by wind or animal pollinators. floral parts of the sporophyte protect the reduced female gametophyte from drying out and from uv radiation. fertilization in angiosperms is dependent on the presence of water. spores contain a supply of stored food, enabling the embryo to remain dormant until conditions are suitable for germination. seeds protect and nourish plant embryos, and fruits protect the seeds. seeds enable plant embryos to be dispersed long distances from the parent plant via wind or animals.
Following are the six accurate statements:
1. The seeds allow the plant embryos to get dispersed over the long distances from the parent plant through animals or wind.
2. In various angiosperms, the male gametophyte comprised in a pollen grain can get translocated various miles away through animal or wind.
3. Fruits help in the dispersal of seeds by animals or wind, which eat or carry the fruits.
4. The fruits protect the seeds, and the seeds nourish and protect the plant embryos.
5. The floral components of the sporophyte safeguard the reduced female gametophyte from dying out and from ultraviolet radiation.
6. Flowers fascinate animal pollinators carrying pollen from other plants of the similar species.
The other mentioned statements are incorrect. The spores are not generated in the angiosperms, however, seed gets produced post-fertilization that comprises developing embryo. The cotyledons exhibit stored food substance and seeds are comprised within the seeds. The seeds get dispersed with the help of abiotic and biotic agents.
The fertilization in angiosperms is not reliant upon the water, it is rather the pteridophytes and bryophytes that cannot complete their life cycle in the absence of water. In angiosperms, the main plant body is sporophyte that safeguards the female gametophyte.
b,bacteria convert nitrates
into nitrogen gas.
d,plants and animals take in
and use nitrogen compounds.
e,bacteria break down waste
products and return nitrogen
to the soil.
a,bacteria convert atmospheric
nitrogen to ammonia.
c,bacteria convert ammonia
to nitrites and nitrates.
trachea, alveoli, lung capillaries, arteries